Anton and I took a short breather and went to Little Manatee State Park, just south of Tampa.
Blue skies. Mild morning temperatures. Hallmark Florida springtime.
- Duckweed. Anton took a course where he had to go hiking and find identify plant types for assignments. He’s super proud of being able to spot duckweed anywhere
- The forest of sword ferns was pretty chill
- Yellow paint on the trees marked the path
- We saw signs of wild pigs everywhere but we didn’t see any pigs
- Deer tracks near the water. In one place, we followed deer tracks in the sand to the river’s where we saw signs that the animal had fallen in the water while trying to drink.