I came across the blog of Pages of Fiction where the writers (Leandra and Gwen) are hosting a fun prompt-a-day challenge during NaNoWriMo.
Due to my unpredictable and limited free time during the week, I have not yet written in response to any of the prompts (darn it!), nevertheless I am determined to participate. In order to do this, it’ll be necessary that I allow for some flexibility. And so, at an adjusted pace, I’m either going to (A) write individual scenes for each prompt; (B) merge several prompts into single scenes; or (C) both.
Prompts Since Nov. 1st:
- Write a story where a weakness becomes a strength.
- Write a story where a strength becomes a weakness.
- Write a story where everyone has a happy ending except the main character.
- Write an apocalyptic log.
- Write about a fly on the wall.
- Write a story that takes place on a beach.
- Write a story about a black cat.
- Make up a legend about an animal that lives in the woods (THIS ONE’S GONNE BE AWESOME!!!)
Self Imposed Deadline
The first scene must be completed NLT Monday, November 12, 2018. All 8 need to be used in some way before Friday, November 16.
Care To Join?
Feel free to use a prompt from the list above and/or check out Leandra and Gwen’s Pages of Fiction for a new idea daily until December. And, hey, if you decide to use one, do drop by those ladies’ blog and say hello. I’m sure they’d be pleased to hear from you!
Have a great day!